Security experts advise homeowners to have multiple layers of security in order to protect your family and property. One of the most vulnerable areas of your home is a sliding glass door, often located in the patio area.
Typically built with simple latch-based locks, criminals choose sliding glass doors for their ease of defeating and for the tendency of most families to leave them unlocked.
Many homeowners choose to leave a broomstick in the inside track to block entry as a countermeasure, but criminals can also defeat this method by manipulating the gap between the two doors and removing it with a small metal rod.
Is there an effective solution for sliding glass doors?
One of Nightlock’s newest products, NIGHTLOCK® Patio, is specifically designed with these problems in mind.
Nightlock® Patio Door Security Device
Easy to install on ceramic tile, marble or concrete floors, the Nightlock® Patio Door Security Device uses the strength of the floor to barricade your home from home intrusion.
When the Nightlock® Patio Door Security Device is engaged, sliding glass doors no longer rely on the simple latch along one edge of the door. Instead, the Nightlock® Patio creates an impenetrable barrier that can withstand tremendous force that keeps home intruders out of your home. Made in the USA of solid extruded 6000 series structural aluminum, the
anodized finish for durability can match the aesthetics of your home in such colors as:
- Bright Brass #13001,
- Brushed Nickel #13002,
- Dark Bronze #13004, or
- White #13005
NIGHTLOCK has also taken the time to understand its customer’s needs by improving the patented design. Now with tether stop pins, the Nightlock® Patio keeps the locking handle ready for use and from being misplaced.
Ditch the broomstick and gain the peace of mind your family deserves with the Nightlock® Patio Door Security Device today!
Other Ways to Improve Your Home Security
Once you are familiar with how indispensable the NIGHTLOCK® Patio is to adequately protecting your home, there are many other security measures you can install around your home to provide more comprehensive security.
- Change locks often, especially for shared housing and rental units.
- Install longer hinge screws to increase the strength of the weakest part of your door.
- Use solid-core doors with quality materials, not hollow-designed ones.
- Install a doorbell camera to deter criminals and monitor visitors to your property from the convenience of your smartphone.
- Motion-activated lights around your property can scare criminals and alert you to a home intrusion
- Use Nightlock’s other patented home products for entry doors, French doors, and blackout shades.
- Use deadbolts for entry doors with a metal strike plate.
- Remove valuable items from your home’s front and back yards.
- Consider reinforcing the door against heavy blows with Door Armor and similar products.